Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random Thoughts

Every so often, I see those commercials for those Life Alert buttons- you know, help I have fallen and I can't get up- and it's all these old bats praising it and I have to wonder- why are old people only allowed to have them? Why can a young person living alone not have one? I could very well fall and not get up. And sure it's rare, but it is not impossible for someone my age to have a stroke. Or heart attack. Or some other kind of attack. It's age discrimination, I tell you!

Surprisingly enough, I never did crash last night. It took me forever to fall asleep. I was so wired and I was also horny as hell (stupid sexy pictures I looked at before I went to bed). I was going to take something to help me fall asleep, but I didn't want to wake up feeling like crap. Not that I wouldn't anyway, since I have been suffering from an exceptionally bad case of insomnia this week, but I am trying to keep from feeling any shittier than I already do.

And speaking of feeling shitty, I am really starting to worry how I am going to fare when the weather gets warmer. When I was over my grandparents' the othe day, it was warm in their place, and I really started to feel lousy. I am still occasionally having light-headedness when I stand up, but I still have no answer on whether my blood pressure is actually dropping or not. It seems to only occur when I sit in certain positions. If I sit on the couch with my legs up, like with my knees to my chest, or if I lay propped up on my bed, then it seems to occur. I can lay on my side completely flat and get up with no problem. I sit at the kitchen table and can get up with no problem. I really have no idea what could be causing this. It also seems to worsen when my allergies flare up. The only things I can think of are whatever is going on in my inner ears or that it has something to do with the apparent poor circulation in my legs.

Which I am starting to think may not be too crazy. The back of my legs were burning really bad the other day when I was cleaning. A burning like when you bend forward to touch your toes. Now I can ride my bike with no problem. But certain activities make my legs burn. And I don't like how my feet turn a purplish blue when I am sitting. I have no idea what is wrong with me.

And my period isn't here yet, so of course, now I am worrying over that.

No comments: