Yesterday while I was at work, my mom calls me to tell me the gynecologist's office called for me about my test results. So when I needed a break, I called the office back and the girl I talked to went on a long string that my blood work was all fine, no menopause, no STDs (duh I could have told them that), etc etc, and that it was nothing to worry about- e.g. no cancer, etc- but my biopsy did show an infection and I would have to take 2 antibiotics for a week, etc etc.
I am a little surprised it took this long to get back to me. I had the biopsy done over a month ago and even though it was nothing serious, it's still a little nerve-wracking to find out that I have had an infection going on inside of me for at least a month. And god knows how long it's been going on before the biopsy done. I knew when I read my tests results that they didn't sound completely benign. The words "chronic endometritis" alone set off alarms. The girl didn't give me a definite name for whatever the infection is, but I would imagine that endometritis is what I have.
And I would like to know what gave it to me, because frankly I am a little embarrassed to discover that I have an infection in one of my sexual organs. The girl said a number of things can cause it- a change in medicine, a change in soap, STRESS (it was probably stress. I wouldn't put it past it).
HOWEVER....if this is what has been causing me to bleed between periods for almost 3 years and have pelvic cramping through out the whole month for almost the same amount of time, then it would be great if it all stopped once the antibiotics stop. Not sure if I would be that lucky, though.
Now I have the fun of starting my antibiotics tonight. Yay! Because my stomach doesn't already feel horrible enough today!
Friday, March 27, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment