I was so anxious, nauseous, and bloated yesterday that I ended up not taking any Prozac last night. I kept breaking out in warm flashes (just feeling warm, no sweating). I didn't have any urge to pee until almost 3:30PM (last time I had used the bathroom was when I woke up at 6:15AM), despite drinking about 56 oz of water, 2 cups of coffee, and a can of diet Coke. I also was full of heartburn; I felt like I had about a gallon of acid in my stomach and all day I felt like any second everything was going to come up. I woke up today feeling remarkably less nauseous, but still very bloated and anxious. And I have had a headache brewing over my right eye since I left work, despite taking 3 Advil when I came home. Didn't take any Prozac tonight either.
I don't know what to do, whether to continue taking it or not. I don't want to completely write it off, because out of all of the psych drugs, Prozac would be one of the few I'd be willing to give another shot. I don't remember much of when I took it before, but I do remember having no side effects, or at least nothing like this. All I can think is the chemistry in my body is different from before, my body was more used to psychiatric drugs then (it hasn't been exposed to them minus the occasional Ativan in about 7 years), or this particular brand of generic has something in it that I am more sensitive to. I knew I should have just stuck to my guns and started taking it every other day or even every few days instead of jumping right in to 20 mg every day.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment