Monday, September 16, 2013

Random Thoughts

Good god, I cannot believe what happened down Seaside. Aside from the pier, that end of the boardwalk had not been nearly as damaged as the rest of the boardwalk after Sandy. And now it is gone. It's cruel. And if it was arson, then that is beyond cruel. My heart was broke watching the raging fire on the news on Thursday. It looked like what I would imagine hell to look like.

The Beachcomber is now gone as well. Now I really wish I would have ate there the last time I was there (the place I ate last time I was there is gone as well). And do you know what really pisses me off? How its claim to fame in the papers is that it is where that vile orange cockroach got punched in the face. I think what offends me the most about her is not only has she and her fellow roaches given a bad name to Italians, but she is not even Italian! And sorry, being raised by Italians does not make you Italian. I could be adopted by Japanese people, but it still won't make me Japanese. I will still be a half Italian, half Scotch-Irish white as freaking Christmas nutcase.

Gee, do you think you can spare us with the hurricanes this year, Mother Nature???

So I don't know how the job interview went. I don't think I bombed, but I don't know if I sold myself enough. And when I answered the phone and found out a man was interviewing me, I got even more nervous. And sometimes I had a hard time hearing what he said. And the previous night, I researched how to answer several typical interview questions. Except the two I was actually asked, one about salary and the other "why do you want this position". I completely brain-farted on the last one and spewed some bullshit answer.

And then I had a list of questions to ask, since that apparently is important to do, and once he asked me if I had any questions, I realized none of these questions were appropriate for the interview. They were too formal and the interview was pretty informal. Plus, this was a third party interviewing me. I don't even know if they could have actually answered the questions.

I kicked myself in the ass after getting off the phone for not pushing more about my previous experience working there. And I was pretty sure the interview was going to keep me up all night. I was positive I was going to be obsessing over it. Instead, I thought about and berated myself over an interview I did in 2005 that I bombed really bad. Just.....don't even ask.

And while I am excited about possibly going back there (it's close to home; that's major brownie points), but then I keep thinking about working with those people again and I'm like meh. At least the trouble-causing racist ass bitch isn't there anymore, although I know she does come in for lunch sometimes and frankly, I don't want to ever see her face again.

I had the chocolate covered cheesecake Blizzard on Saturday night. It was awesome. Worth the 690 calories. But I really cannot wait for the pumpkin pie Blizzard next month.

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: