Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Maybe Good News?

So I talked to my former boss earlier and she was calling to know if I would be interested in a position. Not what I did before, but the job that came after what I did. I was always a little afraid of doing that job, but hey, if my FWA can do it, then surely I could, right? Hopefully? Anyway, unfortunately, it is not an actual job offer. I still have to apply for it and go through all of the motions if I were to receive a call back from whoever is doing the hiring. But hey, I am going to give it a shot and apply for it anyway. Doesn't hurt, I guess. Plus, it's better than all of the job offers I have had lately. Which is absolute zilch.

If I could just get past this one tricky question in the online application. Good god. You know, to be honest, I can actually be a really good bullshitter. But when it comes to passing myself off as better than the rest, e.g. job interviews, etc, forget it. I lose all bullshitting skills. And oh no. I may have to do a phone interview? Oh lord. I mean, the good thing with phone interviews is there is one less thing to worry about- body language. It's not that I am bad with body language, but when I start getting uncomfortable and anxious, I always worry it's going to start to show. Plus, I also worry I may come off a little too uptight. I am kind of an anal retentive asshole, after all.

My former boss kept me on the phone quite a while and she told me that a couple times she put me name into upper management to bring me back in, especially for the work I used to do. But they didn't budge and instead just hired someone else. She says it is nothing against me, that they just like to do stuff by the book. I still can't help but take it personally, though. They know my work ethic, plus I already know what I am doing. I mean, it's been 2 years since I done the work, but I am pretty sure I still remember how to do it. I might just be a little rusty, nothing a week or so can't fix. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was more monetary than anything. Shit, I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would take a position there at less money than I initially made.

My former boss told me on the phone not to mention this to anyone, e.g. my former coworkers. I felt like laughing and say bitch, please, no one keeps in touch with me anyway

It will be a real bugger if I end up working there again. From the Thursday before Labor Day weekend 2011 until October 14th, all that stress.....the stress of being on unemployment....the stress of losing my unemployment benefits.....all technically for nothing.

No comments: