I just checked the SPC webpage and it is the first time since Tuesday there are no tornado watches. Huzzah! The last two expired at 10:00PM CDT.
Looking at some of the pictures of the damage....just whoa. Some places are pratically underwater.
You know what else fascinates me during these storms? The reporters that give the news in the midst of them. I don't know how they do it. I would have to tie myself to a light pole or something. Are these people crazy or just friggin awesome? Especially that Cantore guy. He's a BAMF.
I found a link in the Weather Channel webpage of every song they have played on the Local Forecast and I am hooting at some of the songs. I have heard local forecasts with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Maroon 5, Snow Patrol, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, and Death Cab For Cutie. And several months later, I am getting an answer to my question in this post, that yes, they did play Sublime. Damn, how come I have yet to hear a Local Forecast with "Houdini" by Foster the People? I love that song! I swear, if they ever played MGMT, I would be so mad.
Okay. No they have not. No reason to freak. But they should. I suggest "Siberian Breaks". And for some reason "Indie Rokkers". Although the latter they would have to make an instrumental version of it, because I do not think many people would be happy with the lyrics of it.
And speaking of changed music, I was at Buy Buy Baby the other day....first off, before I go any further, can I just say how much I dislike baby stores? I feel like I am on a completely different planet. I really and truly can believe I have no maternal instinct every time I leave these stores. It's kind of sad. But anyway, I found these CDs of lullaby versions of different rock bands. It would have been awesome if there had been one of MGMT. I totally would have bought it.
Saturday, September 1, 2012
The Awesome Of The Day
Labels:
MGMT,
Music,
The Awesome Of The Day,
The Weather Channel,
Tornadoes,
Weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment