Monday, September 17, 2012

Please Stop!

I thought after Sept 8th, and with the weather being somewhat cooler, that maybe, just maybe, we were finally out of the crazy weather zone, even just for a little bit. But no:

















I can't with this shit anymore. My stomach has been in knots since I went to bed. I feel like vomiting. I am sitting in a closed up house with no fan and no air conditioner running and am shaking from anxiety and from feeling cold (I always get chilled when I am really anxious). Every time I go on the SPC or which ever weather webpage, I get even more anxious of what the latest prediction is going to say. SPC has the Mid-Atlantic under a slight risk for severe weather. The TOR:CON is currently sitting at a 3 for NJ. And it would be easy to say well why don't I just stay off the different weather pages, but.....yeah. Not going to happen. Easier said than done.

The next 36+ hours should be a blast.

ETA 9/18 1:58PM: Tornado watch until 7PM. TOR:CON bumped to a 5. The SPC upgraded the Mid-Atlantic to a moderate risk of severe weather. The SPC also has a 10% tornado probability for my area and much of the surrounding areas. For this particular tornado watch, the SPC has a moderate chance, or 50% chance, of a tornado, 20% of an EF-2 or higher. There is a 500% chance of a nervous breakdown within the next 12 hours.

5:14PM: CAN THIS DAY GET OVER ALREADY?!

5:36PM: TOR:CON knocked to a 3. SPC knocked the tornado probability from 10% down to 5%. Anxiety levels still just as high, if not higher. I will not rest until I hear the words "the system continues to break apart" or "the system has passed through". I'm so anxious, I don't even want to eat. As I have said before, you know my anxiety is bad when that happens. And I wish I had a bottle of vodka. I could use a shot. Or 2. Or 7.

5:47PM: The squall line is not far.
















*crosses fingers* Please start breaking up! Please break up!

9:56PM: The squall line came through my area about 6:30PM or so. A lot of rain, not terrible wind, but still quite a bit. I saw one flash of lightening, and heard a few booms of thunder. And that was pretty much it. The tornado watch had been extended to 9PM. I think the system is out of here, but my local news said not to let down guard until after midnight. So I will do just that. Even though I just found this Tweet from the Weather Channel.

ETA 9/19 1:18AM: I think it is finally safe for me to say....ADIOS!
















Maybe now I can get a good night's sleep, considering I barely slept at all last night. Hey Mother Nature....can we not do this again for a long time? Preferably never again?

No comments: