I knew summer would not be complete without at least one tornado warning. The past couple weeks, I have been thinking gee, we haven't had any yet this summer, surely one is bound to come eventually. And finally the weather did not disappoint me. Today we had one. Actually there were two in my county today, but I think the earlier one affected further east of my county. The second one was right over my township. And apparently, funnel clouds were spotted, thankfully to the west of my town. Even so, as soon as I saw that a tornado warning was issued, I immediately started shaking and hyperventilating. Didn't help that when the warning started listing where the tornado would be near, it listed my town as one of them.
I'm not one to condemn weather predictions, because I understand meteorology is not an easy thing to predict, but so much for relying on the Weather Channel and SPC storm predictions. Nowhere in the Northeast was listed under the TOR:CON for today. No severe thunderstorm threat. SPC had no storm probabilities for any of the areas.
On another note, I [shamefully] requested a copy of One Direction's CD from my local libray. What? I think a couple of their songs are catchy and I want to hear the rest of them. But I'm sorry, I am not buying their CD. I haven't even bought MGMT's CDs, although that is more due to the fact that NO GODDAMN STORES SELL THEIR CDS ANYMORE (I still might buy them if I ever find them. I could order them online, of course. But I don't feel like it). My library only has 3 copies of it and I am 8th in line for it. Ugh it's going to be so embarrassing when I have to go pick it up, because I can't do self-checkout with CDs, so a librarian or volunteer will have to check it out for me. They'll be looking at me like ew, why is someone so old checking out their CD? Then again, I supposedly look a hell of a lot younger than my age, according to every single person I meet, but I don't see it. I think I look haggard for 28.
I just have to remember to return it on time; otherwise, this post will come to life. Their fans are fucking psychotic. I did a teeny bit of research on the whole Larry shipping thing and....mother of God. Okay, yes they would be a very sweet and adorable couple. They're so sweet and adorable together, my pancreas temporarily stops producing insulin and gives me temporary diabetes every time I see pictures of them together. And hey, I admit to my fair share of fantasizing about two people who would look good together. But I just do it for fun. I would never sit and write stories or anything. It's all in my head with the rest of my fucked up thoughts.What? You don't think I look at Ben and Andrew and think dirty thoughts? But wow. Those fans.....I couldn't imagine being that serious and dedicated to something.
ETA 1:31AM: Possible tornado strikes in Southern NJ
Okay. No. That is way, WAY too close for comfort.
And that shopping center that the video was taken from? I have been there many times.
ETA 12:57PM: OH GOD IT WAS A TORNADO
I mentioned to my mom last night about how a possible tornado had hit, and she starts saying about how if one was to hit our area, they would tell us to get out. I said no, that is why they give you a warning, to prepare if one was to hit. And she says something like if one hits and that is how she is meant to die, so be it. I mentally facepalmed myself. That is the whole point of warnings! So you don't die, or at least decrease your risk of dying!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Random Tornado Thoughts
Labels:
Larry Stylinson,
MGMT,
One Direction,
Random Thoughts,
Tornadoes,
Weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment