Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The WTF Of The Day

Oh No They Didn't! - Tumblr Users Divided Over Blogs About Self-Harm

Back the train up here. Now I have heard of/ripped into the pro-ana/mia webpages before....but there are actually webpages encouraging suicide and other types of self-harm? Who on earth would encourage that kind of behaviour?! What is wrong with you fucking idiots? I could not, and WOULD NEVER, even DREAM of encouraging someone to commit suicide or harm themselves.

God, this infuriates me so much I want to punch something. My brain is a war zone fighting back and forth between wanting to be alive and about how much I'd like to kill myself, I have cut myself (and still do occasionally), and I was nearly bulimic, so I feel for people with eating disorders, who struggle with suicidal thoughts, and who self-harm. It's an awful feeling. But when you start encouraging others to engage in that kind of behavior, the hell with you.

No comments: