Friday, March 2, 2012

This Is Nuts

I was just checking on my local weather conditions on the Weather Channel site and there was an article calling for more severe weather to the west tomorrow. I can't wait for spring to come, but seeing this type of weather reminds me of the one reason why I despise spring. And seeing how bad the outbreaks have been makes me even more nervous. I hate severe weather so much. I still see those pictures of Joplin, MO in my head and I want to vomit every time I think of them. On New Years Eve, I was watching the Weather Channel, waiting for the local forecast, and they were doing a month by month segment of all of the weather that happened in 2011 and Auld Lang Syne was playing in the background. When they came to scenes from the Joplin, MO tornado, I got filled up and felt like throwing up. Didn't help that the weather man who was on the scene was choked up. And we all know what happens when I see other people cry. That tornado was sick.

It doesn't help matters that we went out today and drove by a house in my development that was being resided and I saw what our houses look like underneath. Now I never expected them to in the first place, but actually seeing how our houses are built, I now know for a fact that they would not withstand in any type of tornado. And it made me want to throw up.

ETA 3/3: Above-Normal Tornado Amounts Expected in 2012

Great. *head desk*

Look at that picture in the article. Tell me that is not absolutely terrifying. And tornados are terrifying enough. But a night time tornado? Unimaginable.

No comments: