Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Random Thoughts

Since Saturday I have taken a pill every day. And I am very unhappy. I feel more bloated than I have been, my heart has been racing, and I am so anxious that I am going to gain weight. I just want to go back to taking it every other day, but since every other day did a little bit of something, I would also like to see what taking a pill every day can do for me.

Being on these meds sucks. I don't want to be on them at all. 

I decided to finally go for a haircut on Friday after almost 3 months of not having one. The usual girl I go to wasn't on that night but I decided to give someone else a chance. I asked for an inch and half off with layers and side bangs. What I left with was nothing of that sort. In my 31 years of life, I am pretty sure I have never cried over a haircut, or at least as hard as I did when I left the salon. It was longer in the front and shorter in the back (a hairstyle I loathe), it had no layers, and when I pulled my bathroom mirror down to look at the back of it, there was a huge chunk missing from the back in the center. I got even more hysterical after that.

The next day my mother went to get a haircut at a different salon location and talked to her hairdresser about what happened, so she had me come in to see what could be done with it. And all of the girls at that salon said basically the same thing- it looked like she screwed up and tried to fix it, but couldn't. Luckily it got fixed but now it's super short. Way shorter than I like it. And I lost a hell of a lot more than an inch and half (my hair was slightly below shoulder length).

It shouldn't have been screwed up in the first place, but honestly, I would have rather have had the girl outright tell me that she screwed up instead of letting me leave like everything was fine and dandy. I would have been a hell of a lot less upset had she admitted her mistake. And the fact that she got a 20% tip from me enrages me even more.

My parents love my haircut, and my grandmother went absolutely nuts when she seen me on Sunday because she loved it so much. But the most surprising thing of all is ALL of my coworkers, minus my boss, have told me they liked it. That is shocking as hell.

No comments: