Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hooray For Me!

After almost 2 years of searching....I have finally been offered a job!

I got the call last Tuesday from the recruiter. He told me that the interviewer described me as very professional in the interview. And I did the same thing as any other job interview. So what went wrong with Target? I do admit that after the one hour mark, I was starting to get a little testy, mostly do to not being able to answer the questions and partly because no one informed me the interview would be as long as it would. I didn't even do any of the shit at workplaces that they asked me in questions. If I didn't like something, I didn't bother complaining. If someone wasn't pulling their weight, I didn't bother complaining because I know that nothing would come of it. I have seen enough people complain about other workers and the object of the complaining still continued to be a lazy asshole. It seems pointless to complain nowadays.

Anyway, my training does not start until mid-May, so I still have another month plus of being unemployed. I may give one of the temp agencies a call to see if I can maybe get a couple short term assignments. I am not going to lie- I am glad to finally have a job and to be able to get some money (pretty decent money for a college student- $12/hour) and benefits, but I am looking forward to this job as much as I look forward to ever going back to the crazy house.

No comments: