Friday, March 6, 2009

Look! Its Captain Obvious!

I know I should not take it personally, but we all know there is one thing I am good at and that is taking things too personally. I am just so sick of going to message boards and/or talking with people online and they manage to make me feel stupid. I go to computer forums, I don't have time to sit and enter in every single fucking detail of what I know, and when I finally get a response, its of stuff I already know! I somehow always manage to get a list of several antimalware programs....ones I already have. Even if I say all of my scans come up clean, I still get a list. Of all programs I already have! I can't think of everything when I post something!

I recently posted on a weight loss forum and while the people were nice, once again, I get advice I already know. I know that it could be a thyroid problem (its not), I know to keep a food diary, I know exactly how many calories whatever goes in my mouth! I know that something could be a lot more than I think, although I generally tend to overestimate the calories in something.

I was talking to someone through the messaging system on the forum as well and I happened to mention that my weight never bothered me until I was teased in sixth grade. Then it turns into a whole "you should lose weight for yourself, not for others". Gee, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, I am? That I do want to be skinny, regardless of whether I was teased or not? That I would just like to look in the mirror for once and not see jiggly fat? That I am insistant on squeezing my ass into a catsuit one day (but, no matter how skinny I get, I'll need several yards of spanx for that day!)? I want to be skinny. ME. ME. ME. Not for Drew; I don't care about him; he could drop dead for all I care (and hope; I will laugh hysterically).

Sorry, I am feeling a little cranky. I had no sleep, I am irritated with iTunes (it changes the information around; many songs I don't have the album names on and I'll go in one day and all of a sudden it's there), I had way too much caffeine (and am having really bad palpitations), and I am mad at my sister. But the good news is, I was 154 on my sister's scale (which is usually a couple pounds more than my scale) and I went to the dentist and so far, everything looked great. I just don't floss enough. And I have very groovy molars. I have to go back next Thursday to get the other side of my mouth clean. The clinic is extremely detailed in cleaning and I had to get a quick check-up again, so I was there a while. All this for $5! And I got a better cleaning than at my regular dentist. Always willing to help out students.

You know, I heard the song "Marley and Marley" from The Muppets Christmas Carol earlier and I realized the song reminds me of the Bush Administration:
We're Marley and Marley
Avarice and greed
We took advantage of the poor
Just ignored the needy
We specialized in causing pain
Spreading fear and doubt
And if you could not pay the rent
We simply threw you out
It could very well apply to the banks, though, couldn't it?

No comments: