Friday, February 13, 2009

Things That Annoy Me Part VIII

People who actually knew who Deee-Lite was and why try to compare other groups to them or other singers to Lady Miss Kier- there is never going to be another of either, so stop with the comparisons. There could never, ever be another Lady Miss Kier. It is completely impossible.

The term BFF- I thought I used to hate lylas (love you like a sis) in middle school. Of all the chat speak, this is the one that annoys me the most (after lolz or lols; how do you laugh out louds? if it's supposed to be laughs out loud, then the s should be after the first l), especially since now it is everywhere. Even in the stupid TV Guide, I see grown men and women writing articles and using the term. It's annoying enough when loud, way too peppy prepubescent girls use it; it's even more annoying when grown ups use it. Chances are, no one in the world will be your best friend forever.

Bad grammar- I let a grammarical error here and there slide and heaven knows I make them, usually either because I don't realize it or I am angry and typing at the same time and don't give a shit. But when I come across internet postings (usually written by prepubescent girls) where the grammar in a posting is so horrific that if I were to copy and paste it into Word and try to run a spell check, my computer would explode- that annoys me. What the hell are they teaching kids in school today? Do kids honestly hand in papers with text speak? If I had students hand me a paper that even contained one trace of text speak, I would automatically give them a zero.

People who talk with their mouths full- I can handle a little bit of food. But people like my dad who have their mouths completely full and talk- it's just gross. Shut up and chew your damn food.

When you are the next person in line and another register opens and the cashier says "I'll take the next person in line" and someone else runs over- Did they not say THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE? Not the last, not some random number....THE NEXT.

Parents who try to be their kids' best friends- you're the parent; act like it. You can still be a parent and be a friend as well. My mother and I are very close, but she still would think nothing of slapping me across the face if I back-talked to her. Discipline them and stop worrying that they are going to hate you because 1. they will get over it and 2. anyway you look at it, there is going to come a time where they hate you no matter what.

No comments: