I did finally call about that position. This is the kind of shit that pisses me off with human resource workers. I had to go all out of my way to track down who called me. If I hadn't known 2 people that work for the company, how would I have ever known who to call? You just do not call someone, not leave any type of message (even though we have 2 fucking answering services), and then never call back! Because you know what would have happened if I hadn't done so? I would be blacklisted and deemed unhirable, even though it is not my fault I was giving no one to contact. I even called the customer service line and no one had any idea how to help me.
What exactly are the requirements to work in human resources anyway? After what I went through last week with an HR rep from a bank, I am convinced that somewhere in the job description, the words "must be a class A moron" must be in there. I sent my resume to a bank and 2 days later, the phone rings, I look at the caller ID and see the name of the bank and was excited. That short-lived. First, I get stuck with a HR rep who had horrible broken English. She says my resume says I want full-time work, but they are hiring part-time and I said I would be more than willing to work part-time. She asks me why. I wanted to scream do you realize how bad the economy is out there? I can't afford to be fussy in what I get and if I can't get full time, oh fucking well. She asks me repeatedly about one of the temp agencies I was a client with. I tell her repeatedly that the last time I had an assignment was in August and they have been unable to find me another assignment since then because they have been thin on jobs. She still asks am I working there. I would think that an HR rep would know how a temp agency works. And just at the point when I am ready to scream "can I please have someone who knows how to speak proper English?!", she tells me that she is going to put my resume on hold for when a full time position opens and I insist that I would take a part time position. She says no and then ends the conversation. I wish I would have had time to scream "if my resume says full time like you say and you are only hiring part time, then why the hell did you waste my time calling me?!". I was so frustrated and angry that I just lost it when I got off the phone and was hysterical crying. I don't think this lady was understanding anything I was saying. I even called back and left a message with another HR rep. Did I hear back? No. Will they ever call me back if a full-time position opens? Ha. Yeah. Right. I have heard that line plenty of times before.
I had a sort of interview on the phone this morning and as usual, I was completely caught off guard and had no idea how to answer the questions and had to pull them out of my ass. I guess I couldn't have done too bad though because I was scheduled for Monday for another job interview, which I will probably bomb, but if it goes well, then I have to schedule another interview. I hate job interviews so much. Even if I prepare for them, I forget everything when I am actually there.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment