Equal Coverage for Mental-Health Care
It's about fucking time. "Normal" people may not believe mental illness exists, but those of us with it can, for a fact, assure you that, oh, it definitely does exist. And I can also tell you, for a fact, that to obtain mental health treatment is brutally disgusting.
When I had health insurance, I had unlimited primary care and specialty care (with a referral) with a $5.00 co-pay. When I needed mental health care, though, oh, that was a whole other story. I was limited to about 15 visits with a therapy and 20 visits with a psychiatrist. Each with a whopping $25 co-pay. Twenty visits can be used up easily in no time, especially if you are just discharged from the crazy house. Thank god my insurance actually paid for my hospital stay because that was an easy $25,000.
But I bet this will not change:
Study: Many Psychiatrists Do Little More Than Write Prescriptions
This is the part that eats at me the most:
Today's psychiatrists get reimbursed by insurance companies at a lower rate for a 45-minute psychotherapy visit than for three 15-minute medication visits, he explained.Fifteen minutes? What kind of psychiatrists offers that much time? I forked out fucking $25 and was in and out in not even 5 minutes.
So this explains why my last psychiatrist had me in and out in such a short amount of time. He got paid a better rate by the insurance companies! The hell with my fucking well-being!
And OMG! Look! I got a story from Fox News!
No comments:
Post a Comment