Monday, January 12, 2009

Things That Annoy Me Part V

Certain movie franchises- Beethoven, Air/Hockey/Whatever Bud, American Pie, Final Destination, The Land Before Time, Dr. Doolitte, etc....enough is enough already

Weight loss supplement commercials- Hydroxycut, etc. You will not lose weight taking these drugs without changing your lifestyle and if they tell you so, it's a lie. You will not lose weight while still consuming 9,546 calories a day and sitting on your ass. You will not get a ripped body like Mr. Hydroxycut Joe "I've Been A Resident For 10 years".

Mariah Carey- once upon a time, she had a voice. And now she just wastes it. Mariah, you have a fucking eight octave range voice; use it! And get rid of the over-inflated diva attitude also. You have a great voice, but you did not cure cancer, so get over yourself already.

Pro-anorexia/bulimia webpages- what the hell is wrong with these people? It's one thing to be sick yourself, but why on God's good earth would you encourage other people to be sick fucks like yourselves? It's sick, man!

The term "white non-Hispanic"- what is the purpose of it? If you are white, you are obviously not Hispanic, so why waste space writing that?

Joe Francis- the whole Girls Gone Wild shit makes me want to tear someone's eyeballs out, but Joe Francis really grates my nerves. He is not even attractive. He looks like someone that would have been shoved into a locker in high school. Do you know what my mother would do to me if she saw me on one of those videos? I wouldn't be able to sit or walk for a year.

Programming in BASIC- this was one of the last classes I took in college. And it was the most frustrating class I have ever taken. It was easy in the beginning, but later on, it got extremely difficult. My teacher was no help. How I ever passed with a B+ is nothing short of a miracle.

"What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong- actually, I like the song. A lot. But it annoys me because I could be in the best mood in the world and if it comes on, I start to cry. It's one of the few songs out there that can actually, without fail, make me cry every single time I hear it. Whenever the episode of Home Improvement comes on when they think Randy is sick and they play it at the end while showing clips of him as a baby and a little kid, I bawl. "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers is another.

The commentors on Vh-1- most of them are funny. But after a few times of watching the "Groove Is In The Heart" segment on 100 Greatest Hits of 90's, I came to the conclusion that none of the commentors could have been fans of Deee-Lite because if they had been, they would have talked about more than just the dancing and the video imagery. Hardly much mention of the group themselves. And along with the 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders, why is it the only other video they show is "Good Beat"? They had three other videos!

The oil industry- I am getting sick of their shit. Gas prices [supposedly] rose because we were using too much, so we scale back on use, they scale back on production, and gas prices rise due to the scaling back of production. We can't win. No matter what we do, the bastards find some pittance of an excuse to raise it. And the Saudi Arabians and other oil drillers are probably laughing hysterically. They have us in the palm of their hands. Sure, we can drill here, but the question still remains- are we, as in Americans, going to get the oil that we drill?

No comments: