We won! Someone I voted for actually won!
(well, actually I voted for- please don't throw anything at me, fellow NJ residents- Corzine, but that doesn't count.)
I am so fucking relieved. I am so relieved I never have to hear about Joe the Plumber again or hear that horrible banshee screech anymore. My uterus is relieved that for the next 4 years I can still make a choice.
I am also glad to see that Lautenberg and Adler won as well. They were the only other 2 I voted for. Call me a bad voter, but I didn't bother voting for any other NJ candidate because frankly, my town is going to blow no matter who runs it. It will continue to be a town with no sidewalks or stores in walkable distance. It will continue to be a town that refuses to build moderate income housing and that responds to criticism with "if you people can't afford to live in our town, then you'll just have to leave". It will continue to be a town that protests low income housing because of violence and drugs, while protesting it with violence and while the same bastards that protest it have spoiled rotten bastard children that get drunk and high every weekend. It will continue to be a town that builds and builds and builds, causing schools to be overcrowded, leading to more schools being built, so then they can build even more houses and bringing the circle back around again. Do I dislike it here? You have no idea.
Anyway, I thought McCain's speech was good and I liked that he silenced his supporters when they booed Obama. That, to me, seemed like the McCain people always talk about. I didn't even know who McCain was until this year. It almost makes me feel a little sorry for him because he does seem like a really nice guy. He just acted horrible, though. He ran such a dirty campaign, although I suspect that four-eyed Alaskan bitch had more to do with the dirtiness of the campaign than McCain.
Now, I could receive a lot of slack for this, but to show what a good guy he is, I think Obama should offer McCain a position on his cabinet. McCain doesn't have to accept it, but it can at least show that Obama can "reach across the aisle".
Now, please, Obama, do not make me regret voting for you! Please do not make me, and millions of others, have to apologize for voting for you!
One more thing- what do they do since Biden won the Senate seat in Delaware?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment