I am currently sitting in front of my new 21.5 inch monitor on my new deskchair with a fat ass cushion for my big fat ass. The monitor was actually damn dirt cheap. I know how much my parents spent on it because I was actually going to buy it on Black Friday, but I decided that while I am insane, I am not insane enough to venture out on Black Friday. I made out pretty good between Christmas and my birthday. Might as well list everything I received:
BirthdayBut as usual, I am sitting here, feeling incredibly depressed. For as long as I can remember, I always feel lousy after the holidays (and it will worsen after New Years; New Years will probably be brought in in the typical fashion of watching the ball drop, hugging and kissing my parents, talking to my aunt and grandparents, and then going off in to my bedroom to cry). I absolutely hate when the holidays are over. I think that is why I am so miserable during the holidays, because I know I have to face the awful depression when it's over (although feeling miserable during the holidays make the post-holiday depression even worse, so they both kind of feed into each other). I remember back in school always crying the night before having to go back to school after the break (although I never did when spring break was over) and when all the decorations started disappearing and there were no longer any lights anywhere and it was bleak cold dark winter, it just totally destroyed me. One time when I was in elementary school still, my mother started to take somethings down and I went and put everything back. I didn't want the holidays to be over and many years later, I am still the same exact way. Why? I really have no idea. I know that just like with how I feel when I come back from vacation, I will eventually get over it. But it sure never feels like it.
1. a birthday wine glass (although I do not like wine)
2. Snoopy Come Home
3. a Lenox Snoopy statue
4. desk chair (finally my back will no longer hurt!)
5. $20 gift card to Starbucks (although I have not been to one since my friend passed away)
6. $
Christmas
1. a claddagh necklace
2. a box of Ferrero Raffaellos (joke gift)
3. nesting doll
4. Sunshine Cleaning
5. Unwrapped Volume 1
6. monitor
7. new DVD holder
8. Futurama Season 1 and 2 (my collection is now complete!)
9. pajamas
10. gift cards
And then I find out this lovely piece of news on Christmas eve. My father is retiring in February and he just conveniently scheduled surgery for mid- January so he would basically go out for surgery and never go back. Well, my mother just informed me that this upcoming Monday is his last day. He is using all his accumulated vacation time and not going back. Obviously he has to have the surgery so I am not referring to that, but I think that is just beyond rude to just go out like that, as well as to lie to the company and say you are having surgery before the actual date. He can bitch and complain about how horrible his job was, but that place was fucking good to him. At least better than most places. Many people would kill for a job that gives you a pension, paid for benefits, vacation days, sick days, and personal days. I can just see how his retirement will go. He won't do shit except sit in front of the TV all day and sleep and by next Christmas, will weigh about 500 pounds. He's already more than halfway there. With his finances, he shouldn't even be retiring. I don't know how my mother hasn't killed him yet. If my husband forced me to file bankruptcy (he kept using credit cards and unfortunately, a few of them had my poor mother's name on them), I would have to do everything in my power not to seriously hurt him.
And the cherry on top is I have extreme PMS.
No comments:
Post a Comment