Of course, if the first summary had been done correctly (*cough* FWA), the one for the actual examination report, I would have had a lot less work to do with it (about half the chart!). There was one report in the chart that was about 8 pages long. It had under the patient's information the first date the person was evaluated, BUT the report itself was dated 2 years later BECAUSE IT WAS A FINAL REPORT basically summarizing the person's treatment history with the doctor. The first half of the report was what occurred at the initial evaluation and then several pages of subsequent visits. When my FWA took care of the initial summary, she 1) went by the initial evaluation date and 2) completely skipped the several pages of subsequent visits. Information that should have been in the examination report. And yet no one questioned it. I don't get it.
I notice a lot of mistakes with other people's work and it makes me question why I am so overtly uptight about my own. I was reading through our one at home worker's (not the bitchy one) and she completely missed diagnostic tests taking at the person's examination. That I was really surprised by, because she is usually very thorough and tends to put in more than she needs to, because like me, she is afraid of leaving stuff out. I actually tend to base my work on hers. And then I was even more surprised today when I was going through an old report she had summarized part of and almost half of the records were missing from the bibliography. It almost makes me wonder how much information anyone pays attention to.
I am sure if I fucked up, though, someone would be screaming for my head.
I was reading this article over on Cracked earlier and liked this part:
In elective back surgery, we all look for red flags like chronic unemployment, a long history of workman's comp claims and frivolous lawsuits, and a fine, connoisseur's appreciation for methamphetamine. It's actually scientifically reproducible that candidates with those factors in their background are less likely to recover. Because they don't want to.I could believe the part about worker's compensation. I know that there are plenty of people who truly get hurt and I have seen some really upsetting and sad cases of people being badly injured on the job. And interestingly enough, these are the people that tend to be the most compliant with their care and demanding to go back to work. And then there are some you just shake your head at and debate whether you should laugh or cry at the person (and how they got hurt, because a lot of times it's so damn ridiculous and clearly the person's own stupidity).
Another thing I learned with this job is how frighteningly much pain medications are handed out.
I don't know what I did to my back over the weekend, but it is really painful. The last time I hurt it, I had simply bent over to pick up my towel and felt pain. I don't know what I did this time around. The pain is kind of on the right side of my lower spine and spreads in the hip area and to the front of both of my hips and down the front of my right leg. Earlier in work, I decided to go for a quick walk around the business park and I was in so much pain and having such a hard time walking and my back felt really sore and stiff. These instances of having back pain are occurring more and more and I am wondering if it's time for me to go to an ortho.
For the past few days, I have either been hot or cold, no in between, and it's driving me nuts. Of course, all I can think of is EARLY MENOPAUSE.
No comments:
Post a Comment