Sunday, April 20, 2014

Quote Of The Day

From Andrew:
I still feel anxious onstage, and I wish I could just open up and be free, but I think the lyrics and music for the new album is just so personal and writing it was, well, let’s just say that I find the best thing about the music that Ben and I make is that it’s a result of a very special combination of our two personalities. We’re not prolific. We don’t produce a lot. So whatever comes out are like the little, condensed versions of our lives at that time. It means that the music is very personal and watching crowds who aren’t connecting with it or feeding off of it can be strange.
Well, that is depressing. I figured there was some reason why he is so.....awkward on stage. I saw what people were talking about, about how the band barely interacts with the audience, when I was at the Electric Factory show. Either it was just considered a lot to me or Musikfest was just a rare moment, because like I have said before, I thought Andrew was pretty chatty.

Also, I don't know why I keep forgetting to bring this up, but at the Electric Factory show, during "Congratulations", I happened to look further down the bar and there was this middle-aged black woman (WHAT?) in a fur coat with her hands up in the air, her eyes closed, and swaying back and forth like she was in church. It was one of the greatest scenes I saw all night.

Hope everyone had a nice Zombie Jesus day. Or whatever you celebrate. Mine was nice, minus the fact I had a bad case of PMS. And I did not see that kid I graduated with today, thank God. I think if I had, I probably would have had an epic meltdown. My mind is itching for one and Lord knows what is going to bring it on one day. Also, all I keep thinking about is my FWA pumping for information on Friday whether the work is caught up and I want to hit something. And I want to hit something because I am pissed that I am allowing a comment made by some low life bitch who decided to get try and get pregnant because birth control was getting too expensive to bother me.

No comments: