Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yay....?

It's the big day, folks! After roughly 1.25 years, I am finally seeing MGMT live again!

Ugh, why am I so fucking anxious? Like I haven't been having enough palpitations! And I am starting to physically shake inside from nervousness. And dear God, please let a good chunk of the audience be under 21 so the damn bar area will not be so crowded!

ETA 1:17AM: Well, it was definitely not nearly as crowded or as bad as I thought it would be in the Electric Factory. The show was good, although I don't think they sounded as good as at Musikfest. Andrew sounded kind of funny when he was singing. I don't know what it was. And I finally see what people mean in the recent complaints about the band hardly interacting with the crowd. I don't really care, but for someone who didn't seem like he was ever going to shut up at Musikfest, Andrew was pretty silent tonight. I think he spoke to the crowd maybe three times at the most.

The only thing I was disappointed in was once again I did not get to hear "The Handshake". I want to hear that song live, dammit! Oh and they didn't play "I Found A Whistle", either. That made me sad. I really like that song live. But they did play "Kids", so I can scratch that off of my list! And the instrumental part that starts at about 3:00....I swore at one point it was never going to end. And from what I could see, the kid who got to play the giant cowbell looked like he was really cute! Word of advice for anyone who wants to play it- there is a pad or something on the bottom of it that lights up every time you are supposed to hit it.

The only other complaints I had were there was so much weed smoking going on; I had such a headache by the end of the night. I can't get the smell of weed out of my nose! And I know people claim you really cannot get a contact high, but I remained mysteriously calm most of the night.

Oh, and their fans are really fucking obnoxious. Oh. My. God. Rude as hell. I had three guys sitting next to me during the show and pretty much all three them insisted on leaning on the railing, blocking some of my view (oh man, for being pretty far away, I had a really good view of Andrew; what I could see, he was looking FOINE, even though he was wearing a shirt that is like 3 years old; my ovaries were weeping). And then they finally leave. And not even five seconds after they leave, when the band is getting ready to play "Alien Days", this group of girls sits on the stools next to us and the one decides she is going to lean on the railing and have her arm up in the air, completely blocking my view. I was already pretty pissed from the idiot men before, so needless to say I was beyond livid when she did that. I was ready to grab her ratty ass pony tail and yank her back and yell "get the fuck out of my way you stupid cow!".

Oh, and it's fucking December and I cannot tell you how many girls were there in short-shorts, tank tops, and/or their bellies exposed. Many of who shouldn't have been doing either. Who are they trying to impress? Andrew? Uh, he has a girlfriend? And she is a hell of a lot cuter than any of the girls that were there.

And the biggest disappointment of all? I still did not get to meet the band. One of these days....

No comments: