Sunday, December 22, 2013

Random Thoughts

I was just reading an article on how to handle discrimination if you are pregnant and job seeking. With the way so many pregnant women act nowadays with their "I'm special because I am fulfilling biology and the whole world should stop and cater to me because I bred" attitudes, I don't think if I were a business owner, I'd be too keen on hiring a pregnant woman. 

Oh boy, I can't wait a few months from now when my FWA goes out on maternity leave. My work is nowhere near up to par to pull a good deal of weight while she is out. I feel like blowing my brains out. And I can't wait when I have to bear the brunt of work after she shits out her illegitimate brat, because she'll be the type that will use her brat every single chance to get out of doing shit. I'll be the only person in the place without kids, so why not throw everything at me?

By the way, she is having a girl. And apparently the day she and her boyfriend found out, the alien had her legs cross either at the ankle or the knee or something and what does Daddy say? Oh look she's already got her legs crossed; that makes me happy! Keep it classy, man.

As I said before, I was having a shitty day on Friday. I think part of it was due to PMS. I am not sure if that is why I was having such a difficult day in work or what. It just seemed like every chart I picked up was difficult. And it was frustrating the shit out of me, because all I keep thinking is, why do I feel like I am never going to get this? What did everyone else do that they got it? Oh and I got an email from my manager telling me I need to put on my out of office message on my email when I am out (I had a day and a half of PTO this past week). I forgot, alright? And knowing me, I'll probably forget to put it on when we leave for the holiday tomorrow. And then I'll get some random email from my manager bitching me out for not putting it on.

And she also told me I need to set up my voice mail for when I am out. Why?! Why is it such a BIG FUCKING DEAL? If I dealt with our sister company or clients, then yeah, I can see it being a big deal. But I don't deal with clients! And I never get any calls! And I SWEAR she just randomly decides to call people's lines to see if they have their messages up. Doesn't she have more important things to worry about? Oh, wait. I forget who I am talking about here.

And something occurred to me on Friday that really pissed me off. With the exception of one person, when I worked there before, I had seniority over every single person I currently work with. Now they have all been there longer than me, thanks to being laid off in 2011.

And speaking of laid off, everyone in work is trying to scare me into thinking it's not a matter of if, but when the company will close. And they are all desperate for that to happen. Well, can I at least get enough time in to qualify for unemployment before that happens????

ETA 12/23 5:13PM: FRICK FRICK FRICK I KNEW I'D FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: