Ugh, I loathe Sunday nights.
Last Thursday, I came very close to blowing up on my manager. Very close. I was working on a chart that day and I came across a sentence in one report that made no sense whatsoever. So I went and asked my FWA if she could make sense of it. She couldn't, so she told me to ask our most senior coworker, because she knows the job hands down. So I asked her and she told me what to put. She also told me to leave out something. Later on I took the file to my manager to go over. From the second I went into her office, she rubbed me the wrong way- being snippy, asking me where I got something when IT WAS RIGHT THERE IN THE DAMN REPORT.
And then because it wasn't sitting right with me, I brought up about that sentence and what my coworker told me to put. Well, she flew off the handle, to put it mildly. And something that could have been ranted about in under five minutes was ranted for over 15 minutes. And was still continuously brought up. And I was getting really agitated (and trying not to start crying; ugh I hate that) and getting kind of snippy myself. And the thing that pissed me off the most was I got incredibly snippy at one point and she actually had the nerve to mimic me back. And then she actually had the nerve to tell me at one point that I am not to ask this coworker for help anymore, I am to come to her. I wanted so badly to say, "but she is the only one who knows what she is doing; you have no fucking idea what you are talking about half of the time!". And after a while I think she could tell how upset I was getting and she said "I'm not mad at you". I felt like saying "go fuck yourself, you lousy incompetent excuse for a manager". Because she really is.
All she ever does is tell me to not be afraid to come ask for help, yet almost every time I go in to ask for help, it's either like I am inconveniencing her or she gets snippy. I was so upset on Thursday I wanted to walk out the door. I cried the whole way home from work because I was so upset. I don't even want to ask her for help anymore, which sucks because tomorrow I have to go in and finish working on a really difficult chart and I am really not feeling confident about it.
Oh how exciting. My FWA is finding out what her illegitimate brat is tomorrow. I have to laugh, because her car broke down for the umpteenth time on Friday and she was late to work for the umpteenth time. And she says to me "I think it's time for a new car". Oh, you think???! You have only been overdue for one by about 3 years. But oh no, having a baby that the taxpayers have to help fund was more important. I don't understand people's priorities AT ALL. I really don't understand what part of "you should be financially and mentally stable before you pop out a kid" is so difficult for people to understand. Why is it so goddamn difficult??
She wrote something on Facebook on Saturday that she is excited to have off on Monday. Ah yes, because you don't call out or leave early all of the damn time.
On another note....OMG at those storms in the Midwest. I know it's
second season, but still. How scary. It's the second time in my life
since I started following the SPC webpage that I have seen a high risk
for severe weather issued. Two Particular Dangerous Situation tornado
watches were issued earlier. Not sure if they are still in effect, or if
any more have been issued. Three deaths. And this same system is
heading for us overnight. Good lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment