Seattle Children's Hospital Pulls Ads From Buses After Offending Autistic Community (VIDEO)
This is probably the stupidest thing I ever read in a long time. People are offended by a wish for a cure for autism? Are you fucking kidding me??
Mental illness isn't necessarily deadly. But I would give anything to see a CURE for it. An actual wipe it clean cure. You have a procedure done or take a round of pills, BOOM, cured. No more drugs with nasty side effects for the rest of your life. No more having to play around with different drugs and messing up your already messed up brain chemicals until you find the right drug or drugs, only for it to crap out on you eventually and have to go through the whole process again. I'd particularly like to see OCD get knocked on its ass.
And what is with that idiot Kate down in the comments saying Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are on the spectrum? It's not the first time I have heard it with Zuckerberg, but because they are super intelligent and a little weird they automatically have autism? Judging by this half-assed logic, probably most of the greatest inventors, scientists, etc would all be deemed autistic. Since when has humanity become so cut and dry that when someone is out of the ordinary it automatically means said person has a mental illness or autism? I don't think people realize anymore that one can just be weird without having a mental illness or autism. I love this breed of people on the internet who feel entitled to diagnose another person with something. Ooo, you took one psych 101 class so now you feel entitled to diagnose people. Give me a fucking break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment