Friday, July 26, 2013

Random Thoughts

I just finally finished this insufferable book I started last week. It was The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello. It started off okay, then I read reviews of it and discovered that there were mentions of Christianity in it. Not long after I read that review, the religious crap started coming. Now despite no longer calling myself Christian, I have read books that discussed Christianity in the past and some were way too preachy, and then there were some that were actually pretty good. And at first the book wasn't too bad. Then I got to the section where Ashley was discussing having an abortion and Raleigh was being all judgmental about it. I almost stopped reading it then, but I decided to push on. Then I got to the paragraph about evolution and I was tempted to throw the book into the pool. Are you kidding me, Ms. Giorello? I really would have stopped reading the book right then and there if I wasn't dying to know who the suspect was.

I had to laugh at the part when Raleigh is in her apartment and someone talking about global warming comes on the television, so she decides to open up her refrigerator and freezer door out of spite. Ooo, you sure showed them, Raleigh, you badass!

Do you know what time I ended up going to sleep on Monday night? Sometime after 4AM. I was so upset over my tooth that I couldn't fall asleep. Then a thunderstorm rolled through for over 2 hours. And during that time, there were periods where I would start to doze off and a big crack of thunder would boom and scare the bejesus out of me. That was a nasty storm system that rolled through. It was one of those systems where it storms for a while, then gets quiet and you think it ended, and next thing you know, it's thundering and lightning again and then it starts pouring all over again. And I normally like to fall asleep to the rain, but the rain was pounding so hard on our roof that it was keeping me awake.

I had to get up early on Tuesday morning because we were heading down Wildhood for a couple days. It was a nice couple days. Except for a few cranky moments, cutie patootie nephew was very pleasant. I was honestly dreading sharing a room with an infant, but he slept well. Hell, I slept pretty well, which is a shocker. My only complaint is I also had a guest decide to come along on my mini-vacation. That bitch doesn't seem to want to stay home on any of my vacations anymore.

My other complaint is breakfast on Thursday. I don't really want to get into details, because the image is etched in my brain forever, but I'll say this- if you are a fat blonde bitch with 3 kids and probably your mother who ate at Jimbo's restaurant in Wildwood on Thurday, July 25th and had the nerve to leave the table with your child's vomit on a plate without telling anyone, and then have the nerve to leave a $2 tip- you are a horrible person.

I like that Wildhood enacted that ban on droopy pants. Pull your damn pants up! I see plenty of other clothing horrors that could use a banning down there as well. I can't decide which shore site has more revolting sights- Wildhood or Seaside. It's a tough call.

On the way home, I started to feel kind of blue and I was going to bring up a few things to my sister, but I never did. I have always had difficulty in the past talking out my feelings to people, but lately I have become completely incapable of doing so. I don't know why. I go to spill my feelings and it's like my brain just completely freezes. And it bothers me that I can't talk to people. Especially my own family. I shouldn't feel like I can't talk to my own family. But I do. Especially because my current method of dealing with my issues and problems (internalizing everything) is clearly not working and is just making everything worse.

And finally, good news! DownloaderHelper updated the other day and since then, I have no longer had any trouble with Shockwave Flash. I had a feeling the previous update was what was causing it, but I wasn't about to get rid of DH. Now I know it was. And no longer having trouble! Huzzah!

No comments: