This perfect comment in response to this article:
I get so tired of hearing people whine that celebrities aren't there to be role models and parents should learn to parent blah blah blah. And while I agree that celebrities shouldn't be role models, guess what? They are. And judging by the pattern of society nowadays, it is very unlikely to change. It's the one time in my life I actually find the saying "it is what it is" appropriate.
On another note, there are actually people who find a role model in Rihanna? Seriously? And I would love to read what Rihanna's response to the first article the reporter wrote, but every time I see anything that girl writes, my brain hurts for days. I don't normally like to knock uneducated people, but there is no excuse for someone as rich as her to be so fucking uneducated. She has so many more resources at her disposal than say, an inner city kid. There are people who would give anything to have her resources to become educated.
ETA 7/7: I just saw an article with Rihanna's response to the original article. Wow. Blah certainly hit the nail on the head. Rihanna whined that being a role model isn't something she set out to do. Sorry, honey, that comes with being a celebrity, whether you like it or not. There are going to be young girls who will [stupidly] look up to you, whether you like it or not.
And do you know what else comes with being a celebrity? Being criticized. And if you don't have the backbone to deal with the public criticizing you, then get the hell out of the kitchen now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment