Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ugh

Bad weather is expected tomorrow. I am already an anxious wreck. And my anxiety levels are likely to really start soaring as the night progresses. Unless by some chance this system coming through decides to weaken substantially, of course. That would be nice.

I am not sure how long I have been following the SPC website, but I don't believe I have ever seen day with a high risk for severe weather during that time. I was actually just wondering what happens when it's more than a moderate risk and lo and behold, I was giving my answer today.

A tornado watch was issued for parts of Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, and it is one of those dreaded Particularly Dangerous Situation watches. When I saw that earlier, I felt my stomach drop. Two other watches have also been issued, a severe thunderstorm watch (also a Particularly Dangerous Situation) and a tornado watch (not a PDS).

As of now, my area is under a moderate risk for severe weather:























TOR:CON is at a 3 to 4. I am terrified it will all change by tomorrow. All I can do right now is listen to music and try not to have a heart attack. And speaking of music, one of these days I will finally stop being lazy and get all of my scattered thoughts organized and post something on MGMT. I mean, come on....surely anyone who follows them on Facebook and/or Twitter couldn't possibly think I haven't heard the news yet (no, no show in my area yet, unfortunately. Or news on the the new album), could they? *crosses arms angrily* As if I would do such a thing!

No comments: