Thursday, June 13, 2013

Screw This

I am waiting for the SPC to post the First Day Outlook for Thursday. I think it usually is posted about 2AM. No big deal, as I do not believe I will be getting any sleep tonight. I feel like throwing up and my heart is pounding so hard, I am waiting for it to climb out of my chest and say "bitch, you're working me too hard here; I quit!" and stalk off in a huff.

ETA 2:00AM: As expected, the SPC's First Day Outlook is up. In regards to the Categorical, my area lies right on the line between moderate and slight risk. It's kind of tough to tell where exactly my town lies. I live not far from Philly, which is in the slight risk zone. The same situation goes for the tornadic probabilities, lying right in between the 10% and 5% zone.

Either way you look at it, I am still not any less anxious.

1:02PM: A storm system rolled through this morning. I wish I had been able to get a screenshot of the radar when it was rolling through. It was nasty looking. The first crack of thunder had me up and I immediately put the Weather Channel on. Not even five seconds later, that god-awful warning noise blares out of my TV with a severe thunderstorm warning. When the storm finally got its ass into NJ, it poured and hailed. Pea-sized hail was scattered all over our deck.

The SPC website shifted the moderate risk zone significantly south. I don't even think we are in the slight risk zone anymore. The tornado outlook shifted significantly south as well. We're not even in that zone. I guess I just have to hope for the best. (Yeah. Like that is going to happen)

On a completely unrelated note, my FB newsfeed is flooded with pictures from 2 of my cousins who are leaving for Disney World today.....again. To say that my mother's side of the family is obsessed with Disney World is an understatement. They are scarily obsessed with Disney. They go every year. I don't get it. I really don't. Maybe it's because I don't like crowds and I don't like kids and going to Disney would be like my own personal version of hell, but come on. Every fricking year? There are millions of better places to travel to! A lot cheaper places, too!

9:57PM: I think it is safe to day we're in the clear. I guess. But holy shit, last time I was on SPC website, there have been 3 reports of tornadoes, 59 reports of hail, and 588 reports of wind.

No comments: