I cannot understand why it took me almost a year to finally appreciate this song. All those minutes I have missed listening to it.....*weeps*
Sometimes my love for them overwhelms me so much, I want to cry. The other day I was in the car and one of their songs was playing, "Weekend Wars" I think, and I thought, good God I still can't believe I saw them live, I was actually in the same exact spot as them, and I was flooded with a gazillion different emotions. Mostly happy ones. And if I am listening to "Siberian Breaks", then I am really overwhelmed with feels. Over a thousand plays later, that song still continues to absolutely blow my mind each and every time. I feel like I need to know and analyze every aspect of it, study every single piece of sheet music for each and every single damn vocalization and instrument in the song. I need to know what key it is in, what notes are the lyrics, what the time signature is, etc (note to self: do a minor brush up on music theory before doing so). If I could, I would get inside Andrew's head at the exact moment he wrote this song. I want to feel what he was feeling. Okay, that is a little creepy, but you get the gist. I can't listen to that song loud enough. I am pretty sure a good chunk of the hearing I have lost in the past year is due to that song. Music has a unbelievably huge impact on my emotional well being, but I can't say I have ever felt such an emotional connection to a song like I have with this song. Going back to my question of being in the right spot at the right time, that night several years ago when I heard "Kids" for the first time ever....clearly I was in a damn good spot.
Don't judge me and my hormonal-ness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment