Friday, May 11, 2012

Stuff It Brain

A thought popped into my head earlier and it has been plaguing me all day.

Are our reactions to things the first time we are acquainted with them due to the moment we encounter them? Do we like or dislike things because they were discovered at a specific time? If it were to have occured at a different time, would we have felt differently? Say you have a favorite food and you remember the first time you had it. Say it was October 15th, 2003 at lunch time. If you had had it a couple days sooner or later, would you still feel the same way and would it still be your favorite food? If I hadn't had to wait for some ignoramus to return Congratulations so long and received it on say, April 9th instead, would I have enjoyed it as much as when I actually first listened to it, which was April 18th? If I had met someone a different time and date than the actual first time I met them, would I still feel the same way about them?

It's similar to another thought that irks me constantly- is everything in our lives planned out before we are born? Before I was born, was it already planned that I was going to have a nervous breakdown in 2006? Before my friend was born, was it already planned that she was going to die in a car accident on May 5th, 2008? Was it already planned that my uncle was going to be electrocuted in a freak accident (well, that is what my grandparents were told by the military) in Vietnam on May 1st? And I am not just talking things like the above mentioned. EVERY SINGLE THING, even down to things we purchase or places we eat or movies we see or whatever.

And if the latter is true, I want to know the blueprints of my life. I am always in the minority with this, but I want to know when I am going to die. And obviously, no, I would not try to cheat death.

No comments: