That's funny, because I don't recall many, if any, MGMT songs being about break-ups. I mean, I'll gladly go listen to all of the songs in my iTunes library, since I'll always find an excuse to listen to their songs, but I seriously cannot name any off of the top of my head*. Jesus. I don't care how much of a psycho stan I sound like, but come on. MGMT isn't a bunch of whiny emos. But I guess you would know that if you actually LISTENED TO THEIR MUSIC, you dumb cow.
*I am not the best person when it comes to deciphering song lyrics, so I am solely basing this on my interpretations of songs, as well as on what the songs actually mean coming straight from the horse's mouth, e.g "Siberian Breaks" is about surfing in the Arctic Circle. And even if there is a break-up song in existence, it's probably so much fun that I don't even realize it's a break-up song.
I will hit shuffle on iTunes and....."Song For Dan Treacy" is first. That is definitely not a break-up song. But it is a fun song to dance to. Also, I just went back and reread that article in the link for "Siberian Breaks" and this part:
Pack a wetsuit.
I saw a surf video with some guy who is surfing up there. But it looks a little too chilly for me. I don't want to be the guy that's completely covered in rubber.Oh no. Please do, Andrew. My ovari-er, humanity will thank you.

See more on Know Your Meme.
No comments:
Post a Comment