I just saw some commercial for the second time pushing for the repeal of Obamacare. Some lady who claims to be Canadian and had some horrible brain disease says she came to America to have life-saving surgery because if she had stayed in Canada, she would have died. But enlighten me, Shona- what did your medical bills look like after this life-saving surgery? I noticed that was not mentioned in the commercial. And I doubt it was done for free.
I am tired of hearing about healthcare. Obamacare has its flaws, but something needs to be done about the current healthcare state. I like when people complain that once it goes into effect, their employers will get rid of their healthcare plan. I don't know what planet these people live on. What makes you think they wouldn't do that now? What makes you think that whoever is in charge of company healthcare won't wake up one morning and decide, hm, I think I need to get my employees a different healthcare plan this one is costing me too much money? Oh. It can. Look at what happened at my old job. They lay off a bunch of people and decide to get a more expensive (but just as shitty) healthcare plan. My COBRA rates went through the roof.
I am also beyond tired of oh when you are uninsured taxpayers foot the bill. Yeah. For a select few. If I had a heart attack within the next 5 minutes and was rushed to the hospital, I would be the only one footing my bill. I have a cousin who is poor as shit, had a heart issue and was hospitalized, and is paying the bill. Not taxpayers. Her. Oh but I am sure her loser ass daughter who got knocked up with another loser had all her bills paid for by the taxpayers.
All this healthcare talk reminds me of a temp assignment I had a couple summers ago when I argued with the boss that healthcare companies can still deny things for preexisting conditions. He said no they cannot. If he remembered who I was, I would find the letter from my previous insurer denying my gastroenterologist visit due to preexisting conditions. Conditions that did not even have a confirmed diagnosis. I would find the letter, copy it, attach a note with "cannot deny due to preexisting conditions?" and then attach a photo of the O RLY owl at the bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment