I'm still in awe that Obama won. And you know what the funny thing is? When the opponent gives the concession speech, I always feel a little bad for them. I don't know why. I shouldn't. I do not care for Romney, and especially not for Ryan. God, that guy gives me the creeps. I felt bad in 2008 when McCain gave his speech as well. I think I might have mentioned it before.
Mom was funny on Tuesday night. She was so excited Obama won.
I stayed up and watched the speech even though I was exhausted and there was one point where they showed this young black kid, maybe 10 years old or so, and the look on his face. He had this look of absolute hope, like if this man in front of me can do it, I can do it too. It warmed my heart. The look on his face made me want to cry more than the president's speech.
I went shopping with my mother and my sister because she wanted to get a new maternity top and since the maternity section is right next to children's, she had to use the fitting room in that section. And while I was waiting, I happened to look over at these bras for little girls. And I was like if those are padded, I am going to scream. And sure enough, they were. It made me want to throw up. Can someone please explain to me why a young girl needs to wear a padded bra? And look, I had a time in my life where I couldn't wait to grow up, but as a grown up now, it fucking sucks. Life can really suck as an adult. Enjoy being a kid as much as you can.
My sister contacted a former coworker, who I had worked for as a babysitter, about me maybe going to Planned Parenthood to have a check-up for why I keep bleeding in between periods (what? I felt really weird contacting her myself). But she said the same thing my sister said- they probably would put me on birth control. I don't want to go on birth control because 1) duh, possible weight gain and 2) I don't want to fuck with my hormones, although it appears something isn't right with them anyway. But since the fear of Addison's disease appeared in my life, I don't like the endocrine system. I don't want to mess with it. Every time I see those commercials on TV for drugs for low testosterone or menopause, or this thyroid drug in one of the catalogs we receive, I want to scream. Don't mess with your endocrine system! Don't mess with it because you are not horny or can't get a fucking boner. Don't mess with it unless it's life threatening.
Besides, I am not sexually active. If I were, then yes, I would probably be on some type of birth control. And sexual pardner would have some kind of protection as well. No condoms, no sex. I do not want any unneeded pregnancies or STDs. Particularly the former.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment