Saturday, October 6, 2012

Random Thoughts

So far still good. I am still disappointed in losing those 11 files. I did get about 7 of them back, but I can't remember what the addresses were of the rest. I've had to reinstall a few programs. I'm still very highly agitated with my computer, though. If I wasn't such an internet addict, I'd be giving it the silent treatment. And I am angry at myself for being too lazy to back-up those files. I'm always good about that. And it had to happen right after my weekly online back-up.

And due to being so stressed, as well as hormones, I have immense heartburn. I feel like if I were to lay down on my stomach, my esophagus would burn right through my chest. I feel like I have a lump in the back of my throat, pain in my back, my mouth tastes really bitter, and I feel violently hungry. Like I could eat an entire buffet. I went to Maggiano's for dinner on Thursday and that certainly did not help. Enjoyed my dinner, though. Their eggplant parm and spaghetti are awesome. Plus, you get a second meal to take home. All for $12.95. And I had my first pumpkin pie Blizzard of the month. I was quite pleased that day.

My mother and I ran to the mall earlier and I decided to stop in FYE and I ended up buying both of MGMT's CDs, Oracular Spectacular for $6.99 (it was used) and Congratulations for $9.99. So now I finally own them. Too bad Congratulations wasn't used. They were running a buy one used, get the second half off. And don't get me wrong, I am glad to finally own them, but I suffering from major buyer's remorse. I generally always do when it comes to buying anything. It's annoying.

My mother was singing along with "The Youth" and "Electric Feel" in the car. And the keyboard part in "Time To Pretend". She loves that part. I think I have created a fan.

And speaking of them:









So then none of those pages I have liked are really them. They seemed kind of legitimate, but I never really was sure. Didn't realize they'd be so unhappy about it. Or whoever really wrote the status. Whoops. Guess I should go unlike the ones on my list. But I'm too lazy.

I always imagined MGMT's fan base would be more mature than a lot of other fan bases, but damn, some of their fans are almost as bad as Bieber's and One Direction's. Of course, I realized all of this after Musikfest, when people were losing their shit over them not playing "Kids", and people losing their shit over the people losing their shit over them not playing "Kids". And oh, what a surprise! The pattern still continues to indicate that the ones that suck are all the same ages as the nutcases in the latter two. Well, the horrible MGMT fans don't attack the band like the latter two, although I have heard of people dissing Ben, but haven't ever saw it with my own eyes. Mostly just each other. There are times that I'd like to make remarks to other fans, particularly about not acting so stupid. And the ones that claim Andrew is their soul mate. Yeah. In your dreams, girls. He wouldn't marry someone like you. But that's a whole other story. I understand people's points about getting gorgeous people when you are famous, but I look at it like this- if these people wouldn't give you the time of day if you were not famous, they are not worth your time.

 Not that attacking the band is any better. Attacking the band still makes no sense to me.

And I might be a little biased in this saying, but I don't understand making fun of the 1D boys. Make fun of their music, sure, but other than that, they are harmless. Well, except for Louis. I laugh when people make fun of him (well, outside of the gay jokes, although they can be pretty funny sometimes). He is not "sassy". He's a little bitch. I want to grab a hold of his suspenders and then let go of them and allow them to slap against his body. He's the kind of guy I'd like to bitch slap around and then have hate sex with*. But the rest of them are okay. They don't seem to be cocky. And I watched a video one time of Harry crying over some of the things people say about him and while a part of me wants to say "sorry honey that is what comes with fame", now I feel like I am kicking kittens if I make a joke about him. How can you make fun of that face? It's nice to hear someone actually be honest about how negative comments affect them, instead of being like most "badass" celebrities with their "fuck the haters" and the like, when we all know it really does bother them. Please. Celebrities are incredibly insecure.

*followed by serious regret in the morning

No comments: