I seem to have not been bitten by the political bug this presidential election. I just can't with politics right now. My mind has more important things to concentrate on, like still trying to convince me that there is something wrong with me and that I am worthless piece of shit. I'm voting, of course, but my heart isn't in it this year. Plus, I am just sick of all of the bullshit. God, I know I am a nasty person, but politics are brutal. Why does everyone have to be so hateful? I'm sick of the commercials, I'm sick of the asinine opinions in the newspapers, I'm sick of hearing Republicans bash Democrats for doing things and they do the same exact shit, I'm sick of Democrats acting just as bad as Republicans....I could go on forever.
Oh, and I am sick of hearing about that student- WHO IS NOT EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO VOTE- who apparently was "bullied" for wearing a Romney shirt to school. First off, no matter what your political affiliation is, you are going to risk facing criticism if you wear anything displaying your political affiliation. Politics are too insane nowadays. I live in a fairly liberal town, but I don't bother with displaying my political affiliation. Too many nuts in the world.
What aggravates me the most about the case- besides the fact that this girl isn't even old enough to vote- are all of the Republicans running to her defense and crying freedom of speech and blah blah blah when we all know DAMN WELL if this was a student wearing an Obama shirt and was "bullied" by a teacher who votes Republican, then they would be defending the teacher and crying freedom of speech. And don't tell me it would never happen. Republican teachers exist. I'm tired of the Republicans who slam education as a liberal mind-washing institution. College especially. I never had any kind of political beliefs thrown at me in school. Ever. But no matter what the situation was, eg Repub teacher vs. Dem student or Dem teacher vs. Repub student, some side is going to whine. The whole case is just ridiculous.
And coming across stuff like this only aggravates me more. I swear, some people should just drop dead. And the tweet by Cody Davis makes me the angriest. Why? "Just sayin". Shut the fuck up. I'm so sick of people adding that to the end of asinine statements, as well as "I'm not racist, but". Shut the fuck up. Yes, you are. Stop being an asshole and just admit you are.
I am far from ready for this cold weather. My aunt's workplace always has some kind of event every October and we went on Sunday and it was so cold and miserable. I ate at a Red Robin for the first time and it was pretty damn good. Our waitress sucked, though. And Friday and Saturday are supposed to be really chilly, and I think the first frost is supposed to pop up on Saturday morning. I hate the cold so much. I have a robe and long sleeves on and I am freezing. Of course, my period just came on and I always am a lot colder around that time. Just in time for the really cold weather! And then Sunday it will be in the seventies!
Friday, October 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment