TO THOSE against a public health-care option:I like the comments section, where people are basically suggesting those of us without health insurance get Medicaid. Wow, none of us ever thought of that.Schools, libraries, parks, infrastructure and more are all provided by our government. They are funded with the tax revenue that we the people provide. Why should health care not be among these offerings? Being able to go to a zoo or a park is more important than an American's health?
I've worked and paid taxes for 25 years with only one gap of three months. I'm not a deadbeat or illegal alien. So what happens if I lose my job in uncertain times? Just out of luck?
I'm healthy for the most part, but wear glasses and would like to have my teeth tended to and see my doctor regularly. Not to mention peace of mind if something serious did occur.
Maybe the plan being offered by the Democrats isn't perfect, but why isn't the opposition coming up with something comprehensive for the uninsured? Just saying "No" is very shortsighted, unfair, and plain mean.
It's also time for our elected representatives to strip themselves of their health plans and join the ranks of us regular citizens. That's a perk they voted for to benefit themselves. It's not as if those who elected them had any say in what health plan they get.
Shit, people, if all of us qualified for Medicaid, we wouldn't be fucking uninsured! No, decent hardworking people who need health insurance don't get Medicaid. I'll tell you who gets Medicaid- the loser patients my sister takes care of. The losers who get knocked up as early as 12 and are on their 5th child by 17 years old because they're too goddamn stupid to use birth control or to even keep their damn legs closed in the first place or they are these wonderful little devoted Catholic girls from a territory that should have been made its own country who are adamantly against birth control because the Catholic religion says it's the Devil but think nothing of having out of wedlock sex even though the Catholic religion says that's the Devil too (what doesn't the Catholic church consider evil?) or they are pregnant with their 7th child with their 7th baby daddy. The losers who don't use welfare to get through a tough time temporarily, but rather leave school and major in welfare for the rest of their lives because they think America owes them something and they shouldn't have to work to make money. Those are the recipients of Medicaid.
Why are people so goddamn delusional? It's like how Justin Timberlake believes he is bringing sexy back. I swear people never make any attempt to research anything. I have a friend from high school who one day posts something on Facebook about how she wishes the physical she needs for clinical was included in her $30,000 plus tuition for license practical nursing school (she is uninsured) and someone leaves her a comment that what is she complaining for; she'll be making double that after a year and she replies with yeah I know. I busted up laughing. Sixty grand as an LPN? Get real! My sister has been a registered nurse for almost 6 years and she is just finally making over sixty grand. Plus, nurse or not, I do not think that an LPN will have nearly as many job opportunities as an RN. Not sure how many hospitals in my area hire them, although I do know my sister's hospital doesn't. I think if they do hire someone with LPN credentials, when they are hired, they are not given that title.
No comments:
Post a Comment