Since TD Bank is currently going through a nightmarish conversion of systems and every customer and their grandmother and their grandmother's mother is up in arms, I thought, why the hell not? I am going to jump on the bandwagon. If you would like a drinking game to play, now is a good time because "incompetent" will be used many times.
I personally have not experienced any of the difficulties because getting my ass out to deposit my checks is like pulling teeth, but I have many other complaints. Oh, many many.
First off, I have an account with them that I opened in 2005. I just let it sit and one day I go in (this year) to finally make a deposit and I am told my account is dormant. I received no letter telling me my account went inactive nor dormant. I lost interest earned due to a monthly fee. Accounts are giving a maximum of 3 years before they are escheated, so I am fucking lucky my account was not considering I was over the 3 year limit, because I am almost 100% positive I never would have received any warning of my account being turned over to the state.
Now people can stand there and say it was my responsibility to keep my bank account active, but hell, when I was training to be a customer service rep 5 lovely months ago, I asked if the bank was required to notify the customer of an account going inactive or dormant and the answer was YES. But then again, my trainer was pretty fucking incompetent.
For those who complain about customer service, I could sit here and tell you why when you call, you have to deal with incompetence, but I won't right now. I have lost far too much sleep and more of what little is left of my self-esteem over it. But I will tell you this- the moronic idiocy goes several ways- rep, customer, and a completely incompetent training program.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment