Some people, without their fame, they would just roll up into a ball and bounce away and I’m like a reluctant famer, if you know what I mean. Celebrity means nothing to me. The word means nothing to me. I don’t know if I said this. I probably already did because I’ve been talking so long. But if you fart the national anthem you can be a celebrity. It’s bloodless. It’s artless. It’s Godless. But, fuck, that’s what people want. And the idea that the word celebrity and the word diva has been watered down into any girl with a belly button now and some gold chain around her neck can be a diva. It doesn’t matter why they call the great talents divas, you know women in the theater. It’s a pass-fail society. It’s like, in my opinion, the guy that can fart the national anthem and is famous is totally equal to someone else who actually has talent and worked their ass off and became famous for having a gift.That's because you are not a celebrity, Billy. Lindsay Lohan, because for some reason she still isn't dead, is a celebrity. Paris Hilton is a celebrity. Any reality star that is pushing their 15 minutes of fame is a celebrity. If they are in Star or any other rag at least once a week, they are a celebrity. Classifying Billy West, or someone like Lady Miss Kier, in the same group as these people is, in short, an insult. Now for one more quote, on reality TV:
I don’t watch reality shows. These are the kind of people I couldn’t wait to get away from in high school and I’m going to chronicle their stupid adventures, you know?Exactly.
I guess I can't entirely lose hope that there are still some smart people left in Hollywood.
No comments:
Post a Comment