If I look through everything I own, I wouldn't say that I am terribly loaded down with junk. But it is enough to aggravate the hell out of me and- honest to God- keep me awake at night.
One, I have quite a few Beanie Babies that I am desperate to get rid of. I was initially going to send them to Beanies for Baghdad, but I am not paying to ship them out. So what the hell can I do with them? At this point, I am tempted to just donate them to a children's ward or something.
Two, I have a shit ton of collectible Barbies that I DO NOT WANT. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times over the past few Christmases, I said absolutely no Barbies. What did I get? A Barbie! I have no idea what to do with these damn dolls, but I do not want them and I am desperate to get rid of them. Even the ones I have that I like, I am mortified to ever let anyone see.
Right now, the only way I would EVER ask for another doll is if they made a doll of Lady Miss Kier. If it were up to me, I would just take all of the junk I have that I do not want and throw a bonfire. I may sound ungrateful, but I don't know what is so difficult in understanding that I do not want anything collectible unless I ask for it. I am the complete opposite of a hoarder. I really have severe problems with clutter; it makes me very anxious. And disorganization makes me anxious as well. When I am in a room that is a disorganized clutter mess, I want to tear my hair out. My aunt is the worst when it comes to it. Maybe she enjoys living in a bedroom with 2 feet of walk space because she has so much stupid shit, but I don't. I like to keep my inventory of belongings as simple as possible.
I have had a few pleasant surprises this week. I put on VH-1 Classic the other day and saw a show on called One Hit Wonders (not the 100 Greatest) and I immediately came back on the internet and found "Groove" was on the episode of Dance hits. FINALLY, I got to see the full length video of "Groove" on the TV. I have seen it on the internet and all that, but it's not the same.
I also got a surprise today when I woke up and came out to check my mail (snail mail, not email) and there was big cardboard envelope for me and I looked at the addresser and it was from the Greg Palast Investigation office. My copy of Steal Back Your Vote finally came. I had it written off that I was ever going to get it, so needless to say I was quite shocked to see it. And not only was that, but there were multiple copies; I'd say at least 10 or more. I feel bad, though; I don't need that many. I feel like I should send some back.
Ugh, why do I have Wedding Crashers on? That's right. I want to laugh at Old Man McAncient.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment