Sunday, August 17, 2014

Random Thoughts

My boss drives me up the freaking wall, but I'd never thought I'd be so annoyed to not have her in the office as I am right now. We got an email the other day that she isn't coming back until the end of the month. This whole situation is beyond bizarre. I am starting to wonder if she is ever coming back.

My coworkers were bitching about her being out and one of them said that she doesn't understand what is so stressful in the workplace that would cause her to be so stressed out.  I just mentally shook my head. Some people will never that stress affects everyone differently.

I've had it with dealing with the people in our sister company. And I think my being out an entire week really pissed them off. Company policy is our paid time off is to be taken in increments of 4 hours. My boss told all of us that if we left for appointments or something and it was under 4 hours, it would be unpaid. I sent an email to my boss's boss the other day that I had an appointment scheduled for Tuesday (bet they loved hearing that!) and I said I needed to leave at 1:00PM....just 30 minutes shy of the 4 hour requirement to use PTO. She writes me back that I need to enter in 3 hours of PTO. I wrote her back asking if it was paid or unpaid since it was under 4 hours. She is giving me bullshit that if it's over 3 hours, it's PTO. Yeah, okay. Now all of a sudden it's 3 hours? I guess it's some special new little rule for me and me only.

I sent an email to the bitch from human resources that I flipped out on and got nowhere with her either. I have a hard time believing she even read anything I wrote.

This year, we were allowed to leave early 3 Fridays during the summer. And the Friday I was out, the girls who had that Friday as their early day left early. And got in trouble for it, because my FWA was the only one left in the office after they left. First off, we have all been in the office by ourselves at least once. My boss has left me in the office by myself quite a few times. Where was the outrage then? I didn't appreciate being left in the office by myself and having to close up. I guess if it only happens to certain people, then it's outrageous. The other day we got an email from my boss's boss addressing it, with Ms. Croquette's original email to my coworkers. She is seriously the worst. The email was so bitchy and condescending, I felt like driving up to our sister company and bitch-slapping her. If I ever won the lottery, I would personally drive up there and tell her I quit. And then I would throw down a copy of her email to me from 2011 and add "and by the way it's spelled C-R-O-O-K-E-D!".

I will never let that down. It will forever amuse me. It's pretty sad that someone who is a freaking vice president can't even spell the word crooked. And I wonder if she ever looks at the way her own employees scan shit. For the most part, my scanning was fucking flawless. I couldn't help it when the cheesy little machine they gave me grabbed things a certain way and scanned them just a smidgen crooked. It still was nothing like her employees do.

And going back to the email from my boss's boss, she just had to throw in a little dig about "unplanned absences" that week. Well, if you had just given me the 3 damn days I asked for, this whole situation of my FWA being left by herself would have never happened.

It's really sad how much I dread going into work every day. I dread dealing with my coworkers, what kind of emails I might go into. Every time I see my one coworker playing on her phone, I just want to punch her. I want to punch my FWA with her blatant disregard for rules and her incessant whining about every fucking thing under the sun (when she isn't constantly reminding us that she was once pregnant and out on maternity leave and had a C-section and now has a baby girl and breastfeeds) and how every time I go up to ask her something or just do something, she is on Facebook and quickly minimizes it. Bitch, please, I know you were on Facebook. My workload is really starting to suffer because I am so stressed out between my own stresses and the whole situation that happened and I spend the whole day sick with worry that some scathing email is going to pop up in my email box. I am such a paranoid wreck all day in work. In short, when I can say I would prefer being in a psychiatric hospital to being somewhere, it's a problem.

No comments: