Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stupid Tooth

My second to last molar is the culprit. It has a crack in it. My dentist put a filling in it, and if that does not work, then I will need a crown. I have to go back in a week for a check-up. Yay. Now I am nervous that there is going to be pain when the Novocaine wears off. Really nervous. Ugh. Not to mention I am starving! I was fine at the office, figured eh, I can hold off eating for a while, get home- BOOM. Stomach starts rumbling with hunger.

But the good news is, I was offered a dental discount plan for $94 at my office. At first I was hesitant, until I found out that the initial cost of my visit was going to be $340. But with the discount plan, it would be $137. I decided to go ahead with purchasing the plan, because even purchasing it, I still paid less for my entire visit. And if I need a crown, it will be like $689, normally $1,100. Not that I want one, but I appreciate the discount! Huzzah!

ETA 12:54AM: The numbness wore off sometime after 8:30PM. I don't know where dental offices get that a patient will be numb for an hour. I think once in my life I was numb for around an hour. Any other time, it was at least 3 hours or more. I was given 2 shots of Novocaine before 5:30PM. I was numb all the way up to my temple. While I was waiting to be drilled, I sat and poked at my cheek and temple and couldn't feel anything. And have I ever mentioned how much I hate the smell of a tooth being drilled? Ugh. But anyway, I feel like I am going to jinx myself saying this, but so far no pain. The only pain I have is the inside of my cheek, where I was given the Novocaine shot. It's really sore! I really wish I had some Peroxyl. I get so worried about infections after dental work, so I normally like to have it around after getting a cavity filled.

I also don't think my filling was worn down enough. Shit. I hope I can at least hold off until Tuesday and not get any pain from it.

No comments: