It is not a good time to be a woman in my family right now. We are all miserable as fuck. My sister is miserable with her married life, my mother is miserable with her married life and over my sister being miserable with her married life, and I am almost completely absorbed in my own problems and how much I want to escape them by ending it all.
Well, I guess there are 2 things in my life I will do right- not get married and not have kids.
My car is going to get checked out later on. I can't wait to see how much this is going to cost me.
One of my cousins had her son's first birthday party on Sunday and considering they dislike her and usually never go to her parties, I expected the bitchy three to not be there. So I decided to go. Wouldn't you know they came? And as usual, the fat bitchy one ignored my sister and me. The one who I sent the message to back during my sister's baby shower was her usual fake ass phoney butter would melt in her mouth. What? No, I haven't let that go yet. I might only be a quarter Sicilian, but whoever said Sicilians don't forget hit the nail on the head, because if there is one thing in life I excel at, besides being nuts, it is never letting go of shit.
I keep waiting and hoping that one day I will go on Facebook and MGMT will post that they are coming near me. I will scream so loud, the entire state of NJ will hear me. Although I'd rather be completely sober, a part of me keeps thinking that if I ever get to see them again, I need to get my hands on something....psychedelic to take with me. But my luck I would probably have a bad reaction and freak the fuck out. Most people seemed to have their faculties at Musikfest, although there were the handful of people who clearly did not. There was this topless guy screaming constantly on the bleachers when we first got there. Security kept hollering at him to put his shirt on. I think eventually they kicked him out. Then my mother and I watched this girl a couple rows in front of us who was either completely pissed or high as a kite sitting with her boyfriend. She couldn't even sit up straight. She kept falling over. I'm like really? You're here to see a great band and you are barely conscious? Finally her boyfriend pulled her up and they left. I was hoping she'd face plant walking down the bleachers, but no such luck. They never did come back.
And do you know what would really make my life? Not that I would want to wait that long, but if they came to my area right around my birthday. At least it would give me something to look forward to for my birthday, because as of now, I'd rather not even see my 30th birthday.
This week is Tornado Week on the Weather Channel. I want to watch it,
but I think it will give me nightmares. They are one of my worst fears,
yet I have a morbid fascination with them.
I cannot believe yesterday was already six months since Sandy hit. Where on earth has the time gone? I also realized I never did mention that I went to Seaside a few weeks ago. Except for the boardwalk, it did not look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I expected a hell of a lot more destruction inland. Got some pretty decent pictures; here's a few:
That is the Beachcomber on the left. Apparently the Beach Bar had been knocked down. I don't know if it got destroyed right after I had reposted that picture from Twitter, or if it was just knocked down. There is no word on their Facebook page about rebuilding, but damn I hope they do. They had a great business there. And very good food.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment