Monday, July 30, 2012

The Stupid Of The Day

I was watching the 12:00 news earlier and they were discussing the Colorado shooting case and something about the psychiatrist being investigated into whether she may have known something about his plan even before she had received the notebook. If that crazy bastard had mentioned wanting to harm others and she did not report him to the authorities, that is just wrong. And I wonder how much that goes on in other cases where a murderer is being treated by a psychiatrist, and then goes and kills a whole bunch of people.

If your patient is standing there saying they want to kill other people, you fucking call the authorities! I would think a mental health care worker would know that! I mean, I make one mention of being suicidal and my therapist barely blinked before she grabbed the phone and let the hospital know I was coming up for an evaluation. And if I had not gone, she would have called the cops. Apparently being a threat to yourself is more dire than being a threat to others.

On a different note, it's National Cheesecake Day. And almost every restaurant I have fanned on Facebook has posted pictures of cheesecake. Now I want a piece of cheesecake so bad, it's ridiculous.

No comments: