Pro-Anorexia Site "Skinny Gossip": Kate Upton Is a "Fatty"
That's fat? Okay, so she is a lot meatier than most models- and that SI cover was not flattering; big titties do not belong in triangle top bikinis- but fat? No freaking way. Her body is fine.
And knowing that someone I have much respect for contributes, in an indirect way, to this monsterish world of starving yourself to look good really, REALLY disappoints me, because I would have thought this person was a lot better than that.
I generally try to be compassionate towards most people with mental illness, but pro-anas/mias are where I draw the line. Harming others is unacceptable. I still to this day cannot, and probably never will, comprehend encouraging others to deliberately self-harm themselves. I have binged, purged, cut myself, banged my wrists and hands, banged my head, etc and I beg others to PLEASE never, EVER do anything like that if you can help it.
Right now I am trying to do everything in my power to not start banging my head against the wall because my hormones are all over the place and I am feeling really depressed and shitty. I just wish my period would come on so I can feel better. But then if it
comes soon, it will be early, which will kick start the part of my
brain that always has me convinced there is something wrong with me. The
Addison's fear has went away some again, but it still will not
just completely disappear. Feeling this depressed is suffocating. I feel like I have a heavy lead blanket over me. I have no plans to attempt suicide or harm myself in anyway, but I am not going to deny that I am feeling pretty suicidal right now. I just want to lie down, close my eyes, and that is it.
And the thing making me feel the worst is I got news the other day that
reminds me why I should stick around, and is really making it difficult
to consider suicide.
Nobody should ever have to feel this way.
And for the love of God, medicine is not always the answer.
ETA 7/13: Skinny Gossip blogger who called Kate Upton fat has change of heart, removes ‘Starving Tips of the Day’
Good. I am glad to hear that.
Look, websites like that infuriate me, but death and rape threats? Really?
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment