Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh Stuff Your Political Correctness Up Your Ass!

Is all political correctness bad? No. Obviously referring to someone as black or African American as opposed to- and I am using an example from Urban Dictionary's definition- "god-damn cotton-pickin' [insert n word]" is a good example of being PC. I know I have complained about it before, but it irritated me earlier when reading an article and I came across this gem of a comment:
Dear Popeater;

The character you are talking about is not "wheelchair-bound." He is not "confined to a wheelchair." He happens to be a person using a wheelchair. You'd think people who are so up on pop culture would be past using archaic language about people with disabilities.
Is it sarcasm? I don't know. But if not....good God. Shut up. Seriously. Just STFU.

And for the record, I have gone over the article 3 times and I did not see "confined to a wheelchair" anywhere.

People are so goddamn whiny. One group complains, a company pleases them, and then someone else whines. Catering to some whiny ass PCer just opens up a huge can of worms.

I remember a few years back, blind people complained about there being no Braille on money and while I will not argue that it certainly makes sense, you just know that had it become a bigger thing, it would have become an all out complain fest. Blacks and other races would complain there are no other races on money, women would complain there are no women on money, and colorblind people would complain over the money being green.

Actually, I think the thing that pissed me off the most about the blind people complaining was simply this- what the hell took them so long to complain?!

No comments: