Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Please Collapse Already!

Catholic pastors directed to distribute anti-health reform materials at mass

Commentator LoriQ says it simple, but best:
How typical of the Catholic Church to show more concern for the unborn than the well being of the living
I hate the Catholic church more and more everyday. I am so sick of abortion being dragged into every goddamn conversation imaginable when it comes to the Catholic church. I better make sure that when I get to writing my living will (which apparently is turning to the 12th of never), that I state that I, on all grounds, refuse to have a mass at a Catholic church and I refuse to be buried in a Catholic cemetary. It's not just the extreme misogyny. It's not just the condemning homosexuals while touching little boys. It's not just the NOT stripping the priests of their priesthood, but rather sending the little boy touchers to another parrish. It's not even their ridiculous take on abortion to convince me on that. It took a story a friend of my mom's told of a priest strangling and killing a 9 year-old girl and instead of stripping him of his priesthood, they just sent him to another parrish! But abortion is wrong? Fuck them.

It's sad because I really never thought I would despise the Catholic church the way I do now. It used to irritate me when my father would rip it apart, but now I see how right he was.

And unbaptized babies go to hell? What the fuck kind of assinine thinking is that?

Keep politics out of church and keep church out of politics.

No comments: