Saturday, September 19, 2009

The WTF Of The Day

Katy Perry on being a judge on American Idol:
I don't want to break their hearts, but how many of us know that one person who has been trying and trying....and nobody has told them they can't sing in pitch- for like 15 years....You're like somebody needs to say something and unfortunately I might be that gal to tell you the truth
Yes Katy, because you're exactly the person to tell someone else they can't sing.

Tell me something- where exactly does this chick come off thinking that she can just sing so goddamn wonderfully? I don't know who was the clown that decided to give Katy Perry a record deal, but they seriously need to have their hearing checked. Every single time I hear any piece of shit she sings, I think how on earth did this chick get a record deal? She has a voice that basically most of the human population has. There is nothing spectacular about it at all. I wish I could remember where I read it- probably D-Listed at one point- where someone labeled her (get ready, PC people, to get your pantaloonies in a bunch) a "retarded Zooey Deschanel", except 1) Zooey is a hell of a lot prettier and 2) Zooey has a little something called "talent" when she sings. You kissed a girl and had to sing about it? Big fucking deal. So did Jill Sobule. Where the hell is the person that needs to say something to her besides the general population?

But then again this is a world where Kate Gosselin's ugly face is plastered all over the news simply for the sheer fact that she did something millions of other women do (had babies or been cheated on- take your pick), Sarah Palin was considered "qualified" to be vice president, and Miley Cyrus is apparently considered a Vh-1 diva. Seriously. If Vh-1 needs a diva, then I suggest Lady Miss Kier. If she is not a diva, then I have no idea what a diva is. Miley Cyrus can only dream of ever being an eighth of the diva Lady Miss Kier is. Who gives a rat's ass if Deee-Lite isn't around anymore? She could probably get up on stage and blow them all out of the water. That bitch is still hot! How many of the people in Hollywood nowadays could still look that hot even after gaining weight?

God! Why does nothing make any sense anymore?

No comments: