Friday, September 25, 2009

Quote Of The Day

Billy West on celebrities providing voice overs:
All you bring to the performance is your own ego. They're just being themselves. Let's put it this way: Cameron Diaz is the highest paid voice actress in history: $20 million for Shrek. Why? Because she has a 9-foot mouth?
Oh smack! And you know what? He has every bit of right to complain about this. This man was not only a huge part of my childhood shows (Doug, Ren & Stimpy, etc), but he still is. Look at Futurama alone. Could any of the shitty actors today provide as many voices as him? Nooooo. This man is seriously starting to reach Lady Miss Kier status in my book. Would I hit it? You bet your bottom dollar, despite the fact the man is *shudders* 2 years younger than my mom. Plus, any man who can publicly admit to suffering from depression earns major points in my book.

And it is true. I am starting to notice then whenever a cartoon show is starting to age, one of the noticeable actions taken is an increase in the number of celebrity guests. At least, it seems that way with any of the cartoons I watch. I don't remember there ever being so many celebrities on Spongebob or the Simpsons or Family Guy, but what do I know? But if I am not imagining it, then it is really annoying. Last season's Family Guy....Lauren Conrad? Come on, MacFarlane!

But the funny part is....look, I am not bashing Katey Sagal and I can't imagine nor would I want someone else playing Leela....but isn't that basically what she does? Leela is really the only voice she provides and that is with her normal voice. Big star or not....if she gets paid the same salary as the rest of the cast, isn't that kind of unfair, especially considering all the voices Billy, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, etc provide for the show?

On the other hand, here is another quote by Billy, on Tom Cruise and his Scientological bullshit:
He's full of sh*t.He has to be.There's nothin' else in that empty skull
of his.
If someone is diagnosed with depression and they say they feel
better 'cause of the meds,it's not up for debate.
What can be said? NO YOU DON'T FEEL BETTER--YOU JUST THINK
YOU DO!
At least WE can think Tom.Idiot.

No comments: