Sunday, October 12, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my page! This is about the 400th blog I have started and let's see how long I can keep this one going.

A little bit about myself, necessary, unnecessary, and everything in between:

1. I was born on December 23rd, 1983 at 1:20PM at Northeastern Hospital (now owned by Temple) in Philly

2. I lived in Philly until January of '89 and then moved to the hellhole in NJ I presently call home, in a town too overbuilt and too overpopulated with noveau rich and faux rich assholes

3. I am insane. I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, a form of bipolar (although I beg to differ on that diagnosis), mild schizoaffective, social anxiety disorder, Avoidant Personality Disorder, and probably a hundred more diagnoses would suit me as well. I have been on numerous medications, been to several psychiatrists and therapists, spent a week in a funny farm (which actually made me worse suicidal than when I went in), and have not been helped one bit. As of this month, I have been off all medications for over a year, have not had any psychiatric treatment whatsoever, and am in a much better position than I have been in over 10 years. As you get to know me more, my disdain and hatred for the field of psychiatry will be extremely hard to ignore. I also have serious trust issues. I don't trust anyone really, including my own family.

4. I have developed an addiction to politics over the years. My stance is primarily Democratic, with maybe 1 or 2 right leaning views on things. I am adamently pro-choice and whether you like it or not, I believe no one has any business telling a woman what to do with her body. I do not care much for abortion, but I think I would seriously consider it if I were raped, mostly due to the effect it would have on my mental weill-being. Please do not waste your time calling me a baby killer because I have never had an abortion, I doubt I will ever have one, and I have never performed an abortion; therefore, the argument is null and void. My topics will tend to be left-leaning and I find no reason to make any apologies for it.

5. I am, quite embarrassingly enough, still a virgin. I am not a waiting for marriage type; 95% of the reason I am still one is due to not trusting anyone and the fact that there just has never been around for me to ever sleep with. As in, I have never had a boyfriend.

6. I adore animals, especially dogs

7. I am half Italian, half Irish

8. I love music, most notably I have an obsession with the 90's house band Deee-Lite, which fans of would know where I got the title of this page from.

9. There is pretty much only one thing in life I want and unfortunately, it is something completely abnormal and is pretty much kept under wraps. However, visit transabled.org to get a slightly better understanding. Yes, it's completely insane and no, I have no idea why I want something like it.

10. I hate 99% of pop culture today. This High School Musical and Hannah Montana crap needs to die. Soon. Anything Disney needs to die soon. Celebrities becoming famous for no reason needs to die soon. Reality TV, Ugg boots, pants with writing on the bottom, I could go on forever. Caring about the environment is another fad that needs to die because I have to wonder how many of these "green" assholes really give a rat's ass about the environment. Also saying "[whatever] is the new black", adding -gate to the end of everything, and text speak all need to go as well. I don't care if it's easier to type, which frankly I don't see how, considering most of the words will take what? one extra letter to make a complete word? Or the best is changing the spelling, e.g like to lyke. WTF? Seriously. Enough.

11. I condemn people for getting plastic surgery, yet probably wouldn't hesitate to have liposuction, a breast reduction and than small breast implants to make them look better, which brings me onto my next thing....

12. I am a huge hypocrite. I can be very narcisstic, bitchy, catty, immature, irritable, and a lot of times I will make arguments that make no sense whatsoever.

13. Going back to the end of #8, long before the days of discovering Deee-Lite, since the first time I ever saw the "Rhythm is a Dance" video, I have had a fetish for catsuits. I have never worn one, but I swear on my last dying breath, that I will wear one one day.

14. I listen to Christmas music all through out the year. Oddly enough, I listen to it more all through out the year than I do at the actual holidays.

15. I was a marching band geek in high school. I hated it with a passion and I can't understand why I ever stayed in it.

16. I am obsessed with The Simpsons and frequently quote Homer Simpson

17. I want to live in NYC. Or some city.

18. I have an obsession with Russian nesting dolls and one day, when I die, I want to be cremated and my ashes placed in the first one I ever owned. I also have an obsession with pretty much most Russian art.

19. I have an immature, pre-pubescent school boy sense of humor. If someone says balls or weiner around me, I will laugh.

20. My absolute favorite time of the year is fall. Hallow-heen, Thanksgiving, apple festivals galore, pumpkins, chilly weather, pretty leaves and foliage....everything. Even every 4 years when presidential election time rolls around and everyone loses their freaking minds.

I guess that is it for now.

No comments: